Aerospace applications are important growth and innovation engines for the Bavarian economy. bavAIRia e.V. headquartered in Oberpfaffenhofen has extended its cluster management with over 280 members since it was founded in 2006. The predominant objective is to increase international competitiveness of the industry in Bavaria. Prioritized action fields are technology transfer, marketing/ international visibility, supply chain management, in the training and further education of specialists, as well as internationalization. Various event formats are offered, such as working groups, seminars, business breakfasts devoted to current topics, for example, digitalization, 3D print or project management, and export control.
Key topics in aviation
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
- Supply chain management
- Initiatives for innovation and cooperation
Key topics in space travel
- Copernicus (global monitoring for environment and security)
- SatNav applications (e.g. in the areas of tourism, traffic, air pollution control, environment and health, agriculture and forestry)
- Legal and financing issues
Moreover, international projects are executed with partners from Bavarian industry and research institutes. The cluster has an extensive network of contacts to companies, research institutes, ministries, and government agencies in Germany and abroad which is used to support its internationalization.